"Light the Fire Again"
3rd Annual Spirit Rally
Yesterday, my dad, my brother, Shawn and I drove up (actually it was Shawn that drove up and my dad drove down) to Irvine around 4:00 p.m. (TRAFFIC!) We were going to a Liwanag-Light of God annual Spirit Rally. Dinah, Leen, Shieng, April, and Leila were there already. What's a Spirit Rally you may ask? Actually from my personal view, it's a great way to enhance, and for me re-light, your relationship with God. It was great! There were skits, testimonies, songs (beautiful songs), and actions songs (I'll post my favorite action song later). Oh man... they were real cool. You all had to be there. Actually we have a video of almost the first half and the last skit with Jesus being nailed to the cross but it got cut off cause the battery died on the video camera. All in all, that event was very inspiring and very well thought out. I was real impressed how talented these people were. Oh, I forgot to mention that they had commercials (Hi babe! Dial N-S-E-W). Actually My favorite was a rendition of the Mastercard commercial... You know the one that has music playing in the background... and then it stops on something then it says... lecture book: $5.95... (music)... picture of jesus: $15.95.... (music).... rosaries 99cents each.... (music) (and then camera spans out in front of the people who were reading scripture) a group of students praying together... $ priceless... their slogan was "Jesus Christ... He's everywhere you want to be" Aww... that was way cool, you guys had to watch it. I left out a few parts too! Darnit! So wait... okay, let me get to my congratulations... congratulations to the Liwanag- Light of God Ministry up in Irvine. You guys did a tremendous job! You are all SOOOO talented and I'm glad you used the gifts that He has given you to share Him with all of us. Many thanks because somehow, some way, you all inspired me to become closer to God. I'm trying to think if there's a catholic youth ministry in San Diego State now. Oh man... you guys did great! (Cristina, Shellby, Francia, Joyce, Seachelle, Matt, Chris, Jon, Jimmy, Diane, Regina, Arlene B., Christina, Jay, Glenn, and I will add the rest of the names when I find a copy of the program) Oh! The action song...
I am somebody (you point to yourself)
Yes I am, yes I am (put your hand on your hips and you move it)
I am somebody (you point to yourself)
Yes I am yes I am (put your hand on your hips and you move it)
Washed (cleaning movements) by his blood (hands slowly going down)
and filled (make a circle with your arms) with is love (make a heart with your fingers)
A child (put your arms together like you're holding a baby) of the most(one arm up, making the sign language letter "k") high king (then you take that arm and bow with it)
Then you do it with (You are somebody, and We are somebody)
__________________
I just realized this is so hard to type out on a blog. You know if you ever see me and you want to know how it goes, I will be glad to show it to you, as long as after you learn it, you sing it with me. Alright, I'm out. God bless...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home